Re: Throttle Control

Light dimmers only work with AC and will not work for throttle control of a
DC motor.  The relays are fairly easy, but have some problems.  First if
you are using them to select how much voltage to apply you have the
potential of closing two at once.  In this case you will have one or more
batteries shorted together.  I use a microprocessor in my sub to check for
disengagement before reengaging the next relay.  I also use electric
vehicle fuses in all links that can short if a relay sticks.  The other
approach is to use one of Ken's MOSFET circuits.

G. Boucher