Re: Thruster Construction

In theory it should help to cool the motor.  However, the air entering the
motor will still probably be hotter than the air entering in normal
service.  This will cause the motor to run hotter than usual.  The trick
would be to take as much heat out of the air as possible.  Aluminum fins
connected to the outer hull of the housing would be better.  You can also
use heat sink type thermal compound to  transfer more heat from the heat
sink to the hull.  The outside water should take care of a lot of cooling
without fins but even here it would help to have more surface area.

G. Boucher