In line with dumb ideas...

...I thought I would throw this one to the wolves... :-)

This idea is a response to our new Italian member : Tommaso Ravaglioli
[tomrava@tin.it]. (in other words, reading that email prompted this
thought).

The idea
------------

What if we all, that is everybody on the list, write up a paragraph or
two summary of what they do, what their interest in psubs is, or any
other relevant information that may be of interest to the group (keeping
it short, or they won't get read... maybe just using bullet items rather
than paragraphs).

I have noted with interest that there are some of us who drive subs, are
perhaps in the Coast Guard, who are MEs, EEs, our friend from Italy who
is in material science, etc... while most of us do not have the ability
on our own to cover the entire knowledge base required to build a psub
with safety and proper design guidelines, it seems that the
contributions from the many backgrounds of the list members constitute a
wide variety of disciplines that when put together form some kind of
validity to our obsession.

How to actually make this happen? Well, first I would suggest sending
out your comments on whether this makes any sense. Then, if the general
response is more positive than negative, simply start writing in those
paragraphs.

Who knows... maybe we'll find out one of us builds 4 man submarines for
free... in their spare time... and all we had to do was ask!!  :-)

Brian.

And, if this turns out right, Ray could consider putting the results of
this into a list on the web site...??? Of course, personal info put
there will only be what one supplies, so that's up to the contributor.

out.