Re: AUV Questions

On Thu, 14 May 1998 18:29:27 EDT, SFreihof <SFreihof@aol.com> wrote:

> My ignorance is at work here.  Does a fuel cell work under pressure?  Would it
> have to be internal to the pressure hull?  Could it be designed external?

They can work in pressure up to as much as they can be pressurized. Once
the external pressure rises above what they can pump out (and what the
membrane can handle), they don't work anymore.

It's the same problem with using compressed air for ballast control. Works
great close to the surface, doesn't work at all below about 6000 feet.

Later,
Jon

   Jon Hylands      Jon@huv.com      http://www.huv.com/jon

           http://www.huv.com