PSUBS Organization

I have concerns about "just anyone" representing PSUBS and
have been wondering if we should start thinking about organizing a
bit more officially.  In other words, without structure, what exactly
does having a PSUBS business card mean?  Anyone who wants to can go
out and make up their own cards right now without permission from
anyone.  In fact, everyone could have their own "version" of a psubs
business card.  We have no organization or structure, we only have
the mailing list to bind us.  Is that all we need?

For discussion purposes, I thought we might be able to talk about
structure by differentiating between "Members" and "participants".

Participants would continue status quo, and have full access to the
web site and mailing list.

Members would "register" and be trackable.  So when "Joe Member"
went someplace and that place tried to contact the organization
for whatever reason to see if "Joe" was legit, we could say
"Yes, Joe Member is an official member of the PSUBS organization.".

We could provide members with a "yourname@psubs.org" email address
that they could put on the "official" PSUBS business card as well
as "Participating Member since 199X" wording or something similar.

I don't want to create a politicized organization with a bunch of
red-tape crap and dictators.  We don't need that and it would doom
what has been built up now from a handful of people to a group
that now reaches around the world.  Our simplicity is our greatest
asset, but at the same time, disorganization can be a liability.

What do you all think?