Re: A couple of questions...

<<
 4) Does anyone have any idea how batteries will react to subsurface
 pressure? If you were to send one down in an ambient pressure pod, how far
 would it go before implosion?

Hi Sean,
Unsealed batteries, of course would equalize just like your inner ear to the
pressure.  Sealed batteries might be a problem unless they are filled
completely with gel.   I don't know if that is the case.   Of more concern
would be potential for offgassing of hydrogen from what I read on the website.

2) How does acrylic compare to steel? For example, if you were to use an
acrylic pipe for the sail portion of the sub. How much thicker would the
(unreinforced) acrylic have to be?

As for the acrylic sail..... can you FIND a pipe large enough in diameter for
that?  I've not been able to.   It would be wild I think.  You still might
want a flat porthole in it so you have SOME view undistorted by magnification
of the curve.

Please do share your design with me.  I'm up for learning and sharing all the
knowledge available.  And....  oh....  don't worry about the adiddas.... they
taste fine.....
Write back
Gene