Re: my web page is up

Ray Keefer wrote:

> > I wonder if we should allow people to send
> > mail from the web page to the mail list as well...what do you all think?  At
> > least as a first step to joining the list?
>
> I want to at least add the process to getting added to the listserver.

Good idea.

> What do the rest of you think? Should we add a mail feature to mail to the
> list from the web page?

Umm. well, looking at the comments we get from rec.boats.building, we could spend a lot
of time on silly comments.  I have no problem dealing with those seriously interested,
but ansewring those "tell me all you know because I'm too lazy to do any research" is a
nuisance.  At least if they go to the trouble of signing up we know it's not totally
frivoulous.

> > Ray, are you going to include the "contributors" section that Martin had on
> > the page?
>
> I am still fuzzy as to what this section does or is good for. An alternative
> is to place on each sub page a note saying the information on this page
> was contributed by this person.

I put it there so no one's nose would be out of joint.  Ray's alternative makes sense.
In the future if we have specific contibutions, like Jon's pressure program, or a
technical FAQ I hope to get to some time, we could make links as long as we make the
rule that the style and appearance should be consistent.

> Actually I see any and all of us potentially contributing to each page. As
> a result how do we properly give credit?

Let's say that those who want to be credited can be if they specify how.  We can leave
to Tay the discretion as to it's suitability.   It seems that if Ray is doing the work
of maintaining the thing, we've got to give him some power.

What I've found useful on another page I coooperate on is to put the e-mail "sendto" on
the page of the person taking care of that item.  They send me finished HTML as e-mail
attachments for me to upload.  In one case where password protection and a lot of work
was involved, the links go between sites seamlessly.

Martin