From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Smyth, Alec
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 3:05 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] looking for hydrostatic test capability

Thanks for the responses gentlemen. My local dive stores won’t even hydro a SCUBA tank unless it is of recent manufacture, has a valve they like, comes with a large enough box of chocolates, etc. If they hear the words “custom” or “I machined it” I’d be surprised if they would even maintain any further conversation, and the chances of them hydro testing something custom is nil. I have done tests with a pressure washer too, but it only goes to 1,800 psi. However, I loved those Harbor Freight pumps that hit 10,000 psi, so I think I’ll go with that.