Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dart 37 june 2011 revision

Hi Lawrie,
For the price of a couple of thrusters you could both motor along, & have a lot more control. Regards Alan

----- Original Message ----- From: <lawrie-psubs@environics.com.au>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dart 37 june 2011 revision

Thanks Alan, very good points.  No vertical thrusters, the concept is for
a vessel that motors along at several knots as opposed to a vessel for
exploring the bottom of the ocean. Mid ocean I think is the expression. Yes shortening it would add more vis. Perhaps once I have some displacement data I can look at that.
I figure on two oil tanks fwd and aft for trim, which is why there is a
little more room fowarded at present may be able to work around that.
Yes, enjoying designing.  Can almost picture it in my mind without the
CAD.

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 08:36:11 +1200, "Alan James" <alanjames@xtra.co.nz>