Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:03 AM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dome ;was Own submarine pen (Eurosub)

Alan, Jon

I have heard that with a male/ female mould the pressing forces are much higher.  With only a ring as female mould there is no need for machining/ polishing the outside .

A holddownring is necessary to avoid ?flags?on the edge of the acrylic disc.

A certain amount of sliding towards the inside makes the apex thicker. Both for pressing and blowing.

The free blown domes on my site are sold.  Peter Madsen used one on his spaceship . I am a bit concerned that it is on the bottom of the Baltic sea?

I we make a new series, I will notify that.

Regards, Emile