Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: [PSUBS-MEMBER-FORUM] Hatch Plans Error?

James,

Ok, must be the camera angle. I wasn't considering the horizontal piece that extends over the ruler. In the photo it appears that even the bracket extends over the ruler. The left edge of the ruler does look like it is the correct position where the interior wall of the CT cylinder would be located. Interesting issue which I don't recall anyone else ever addressing.

Jon

On 2/17/2011 9:35 AM, James Frankland wrote:
Hi Jon,
Thanks for taking a look.
>"CT cylinder should be located directly in the middle of the hatch ring seat per the left drawings on K350-005". It is. The vertical steel ruler in photo 1 shows the position of the conning tower shell. Ignore the piece of bracket that extends over the ruler, that was the piece to be cut off at the correct place once the brackets were fitted. >If you pull your dog bracket inwards (to the left as shown in your photo) to where the CT cylinder would be located, it appears the dog would line up with the bracket. The CT cylinder is in the correct place, both in reality and my ruler simulator. It doesnt add up. I could of course make new brackets and extend them out, but then the hatch dogs would be poking quite a way into the hull.
The brackets i made again exactly as per the plans, 1" x 1" x 1/4".
Very confusing.
JAmes