Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Navigation

Sean,

Would it be better to have the option to turn off the input from the magnetometers?

One problem I see is that we need a greater accuracy under water than we do in the surface.  Within 50' is great on the surface, not so satisfactory under water especially in lower visibility conditions.

I'm speculating that 80% of my underwater excursions will be within a radius of less than one mile from the point of submergence.  Also the inertial accelerations (incoming data) for a sub will be much smaller for a sub than a surface vessel.  Do you have any guesses as to how that will affect the accuracy of the system?

Thanks,
Jim T