Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Navigation

Jim,
Yes I am happy with the OTS equipment I have. Of course Phil could set you up with one of his systems but that's way out of my budget range. Go to their website www.oceantechnologysystems.com .On the top right corner of the site you will see a category called " Scratch and Dent" . Cruise thru there and you can find some good deals on slightly used Demo gear and units with slight factory imperfections. The unit you will be interested in for your sub is a SSB-2010. You will need a CDK-6 surface conversion kit to go along with it. For a surface station take a look at a STX-101, of course you could always go with another SSB-2010 plus a 2nd CDK-6 kit. Right now there is one of each of these units available on the site. If you see something you want call up because it is first come first serve . Check the site frequently and I am sure you will find want you want at a good discount. Cliff Redus did an excellent job of documenting the installation of his OTS equipment ( it doesn't get any better then this !). Its on the Psubs website under "References" then look in "Communications" R300 VHF + OTS Comms schematic.
Hope this helps,
Dan