[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fuel Cell anybody??

Just an idea I`ve thought of here:

Any ideas about having a  "Direct Methanol Fuel Cell" where methanol is converted directly to hydrogen that fuels the fuel cell to produce electricity on demand mutch the same way as a battery, I do not know of any subs that run this system but it could be a steppingstone for personal subs to get operation times of days or more on a single methanol tank. These units have been available mostly for experimental applications but the fuel cells nowdays are both compact and efficient.
I do not know how these fuel cells behave in othe than in one atmosphere pressure but to have it outside the pressure hull in a compensated air filled container.

I came up with this just now, I dont know if it is even possible to have them in pressure compensated containers (They do consume both oxygen and Hydrogen tp generate electricity)

Helge N