Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:58 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] thickness & Ribs

Pretty simple question's

How thick does the hull have to be if my sub is 60 feet long and the main cylinder part is 40 feet with a diameter of 8 feet?
Also i would like to be able to dive 350m and crush depth to be 500m thats all, and would i need Ribs to support the inside of the sub?
Last, with this size what type of diesel engine would i need to go 25 knots on the surface and, an electric motor, how much kw or hp would i need to go 8 knots underwater?
The shape is literally a cylinder with half spheres on each end. I know these are a lot of questions but it is imperative I know them, all of them.

And the abs excel sheet, does anyone know how to use it? It is very vague on the instructions.

John