Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] submarine surface power/speed

Hi,

you can use the same calculation for submarines on the surface
as you can for full displacement hull boats and ships.
There are a number of hull speed calculators online.  I have
feeling you sub will not go over 10-12Knots on the surface,
no matter how much power you put in to it.

You might want to pick up some Naval Architecture books
since the vessel you are designing seems more like a large
boat or ship.  Something else that might help is the getting
a copy of the ABS rule book for subs, this may help you
understand the ABS hull calc spreadsheet.

Plan to spend a few $1000 on books if you are serious about
building such a large vessel.  There is going to be a
lot to learn.

Good luck!
  Ian.