RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 'two types sonar used

Awesome, glad to hear they make it easy to get the data!

I am also working on a system which will use combine sonar data
with positioning data.  However, I am not finding it so easy to
get the data specs from lower end sonar companies (I suspect they
make money on selling displays and don't want to loose control
there).

Currently I am trying to decide if I should reverse engineer
the PC-View interphase parallel port protocol, or replace their
8-bit internal processor with a itx motherboard and do most of
the processing in the box...

I really want a BlueView style sonar, but I don't want to buy an
expensive sonar until I have my sub operational.

Are you writing your own software?  What OS will your on board
system run?

Cheers!
  Ian.