From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Alan James
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:00 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] motor compensating fluid

Jon, will do.

I'm mainly after a fluid I can run the small DC motors inside my actuators in.

They don't work well in more viscous fluids, however larger motors may.

I think Frank has gone away from compensating actuators.

I'm simultaneously soaking various plastics in the Shelsol D60 & WD40.

The WD40 was failing the test after an hour as the clear plastic container I had

it in started to go white, also polystyrene soaking in it went soggy.

Alan