RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] torpedo for underwater communication

I would start with just a small sphere which would only go up and down.  With an antenna, when down on the bottom you could manuver the sub close record via VHF, you could just put it on a timer for cycling bottom and top time.  Then you'd have some sort of recording memory which could play a loop when the thing was either on the surface or the bottom, kind of like a message in a bottle except it's an audio broadcast.

Brian
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of David Bartsch
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:48 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] torpedo for underwater communication

   I actually tried at one time to make a torpedo like device and found the small electric motor was too weak although out of the water it looked fast enough. Had I been successful at this, once in motion, the fish would have wanted to spin over from torque (counter rotating screws would have been needed) It would have cost many dollars on something I would never use.
   In short...In my opinion, this is much harder than it looks on paper and would be a waste of time and money.

                                                                                                                                                David Bartsch