From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of David Bartsch
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:48 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] torpedo for underwater communication

   I actually tried at one time to make a torpedo like device and found the small electric motor was too weak although out of the water it looked fast enough. Had I been successful at this, once in motion, the fish would have wanted to spin over from torque (counter rotating screws would have been needed) It would have cost many dollars on something I would never use.
   In short...In my opinion, this is much harder than it looks on paper and would be a waste of time and money.

                                                                                                                                                David Bartsch