Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] psub air conditioner

In a message dated 8/8/2010 9:04:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, spm2@nomad.ignorelist.com writes:
Is the object of the psub air conditioner to lower the temperature to below the
outside water temperature?

Alex
Hi Alex. I believe David's goal with this device is to provide a little cooler air when a psub is on or near the surface. A psub submerged should cool down quickly but also heats up quickly when on the surface in an area like Florida.
 It's been mid to high 90's here lately. The water temp is hovering around 84 degrees as measured at the beach but I'm pretty sure it drops rapidly as the depth is increased.
Now if we can figure out how to drop the humidity level in the air. Any device being designed must be simple to operate, cheap to build, and use as little precious battery power as possible.
Frank D.