Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Ultracaps for submarines?

Thanks for the link.

What I now think I understand is the following:

Ultracaps' main advantage is that they are rapidly rechargeable. They can also tolerate a very high discharge current.

Their main disadvantage, other than cost, is that they behave like any other capacitor - that is, their voltage drops as they discharge, unlike storage batteries which have a fairly flat voltage curve until just before full discharge.

Best,
Marc

Archivale catalog: http://www.archivale.com/catalog
Polymath weblog: http://www.archivale.com/weblog