Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Git Kraken in the news

Interesting is right. Especially the fires from thermal overloads. They might be workable, but I definitely wouldn't want them in the sub with me.

-----Original Message-----
From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sat, Jul 31, 2010 5:37 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Git Kraken in the news

That may be worth looking at. A new battery pack for a Prius is about $4K and they come with a 10 year-100,000 mile replacement warranty. The thing is, the engine is continually charging the pack so it doesn't get deep discharges like a traction battery system would.
I heard the new A123 battery company production facility in Michigan will be making Li-ion batteries available soon for the general public. That should be interesting.
Frank D.
=