Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sub Curacao

Hi, Alan!
Didn't mean to flog an 'already-corrected' horse - but I didn't read Vince's post until I'd already responded to yours ( a bad habit of mine). You're quite correct, the 'Stella Maris' was intended as a Scuba destination-cum-artificial reef - at around 90 to 120 feet. It got away from the sinkers and slid down the slope to it's current location.  Two massive chains lead upslope to the equally massive anchors at the intended depth. Scuba's loss is submersible's gain!
Re: Psub convention at Curacao - not a bad idea, I can almost certainly guarantee that any Psubbers worth his salt would get the sub-dive of a lifetime! If there's any interest, let me run it by the folks at Substation-Curacao!
Phil
P.S. I'll try to post some neat u/w shots of the Curasub in the next day or so.