Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] CO2 absorbant efficiency

Thanks Phil. When I wrote my slide set I had to rely on published content from various medical sources because I didn't have actual testing capability, so it doesn't surprise me that the numbers I came up with are somewhat conservative. Also, it seems obvious now that the soda lime product I selected was rather low-performance. I probably picked that one because "100" was just a nice round number to work with.

Jon

Phil Nuytten wrote:
Jon:
Probably worthwhile to note that the numbers I used were not calculated or interpolated from other data - they are actual, measured numbers taken from an extensive series of trials with the 'Newtsuit' ADS. The testing took place in a high pressure hyperbaric facility with chill tank capability. The scrubber material used was 'High-Performance Sodasorb' manufactured by Dewey & Almey Labs. The cannisters were fitted with Co2 sensors at several locations so that the absorbent bed 'break-through' could be anticipated and precisely measured. The results confirmed tests that we carried out several years previously on the Oceaneering International Inc., 'Wasp' ADS in both Farnborough and Alverstoke, UK. The 'Newtsuit' test reports were submitted and accepted as part of the life-support system classification by Lloyds surveyors. Phil