From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Alan James
Sent: Monday, 31 May 2010 10:38 a.m.
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] through hull reinforcement

Hi Hugh,

I have motor controllers, valves, O2 & CO2 monitors, O2 regulator, pressure gauge, compass,

etc etc. What I haven't sorted is the through hulls as I'm not certain of the hull thickness yet.

The batteries are going either internal in a tubular section out the back of the pod or

external depending on what the engineer thinks, as this transition may be difficult in fiberglass.

I haven't designed the scrubber yet. I want to have two small scrubbers for the reason you point

out, that in a small space the margins for error with the life support system are less. They have a

designated space under my seat.

I have concentrated on buying all the componentry so I can sit in my model with everything in it & know

for sure it's going to fit & I'm comfortable enough. If not just dig out some more polystyrene.

Also there is nothing in my hull design that's not cylindrical, conical or spherical.

Re the flotation; I'll be using inflatable pontoon type ballasts wich will enable bigger ballasts without the

drag under water. Additionally I'm looking at an acrylic sail like Emile has that can pivot back through

180 degrees & sit behind the pod while submerged.

Lots of work but I'm further on than I was 2 years ago.

Regards Alan