Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fort Pierce - Boat Ramp

In a message dated 5/18/2010 4:24:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, jonw@psubs.org writes:
As you can see, I was bumped from one
place to another by well intentioned but horribly misinformed people.
Jon, It's not illegal to take a boat out, and if it sinks.......oh well !
I'd be more concerned about boat registration issues. As long as our subs are registered SOMEWHERE it will be OK.
What's the worst they can do ? tell us to get back to the ramp ?
Vance and Jay are there doing the dirty work and if they need help I'll be down there pretty soon. It may not be a bad idea to look for a possible "second dive site" but I'm sure we're going to have lots of fun. We should make sure we have a video camera around at all times just in case Barney Fife comes around.
I know what you mean about the general incompetence of the local authorities......It gets comical sometimes. Not to worry.....we're not breaking any laws.
Frank D.