Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hello Emile

It was about 6 months ago that there was a fairly complete explanation of just how a Minnkota was dis-assembled, drilled, and reassembled with special precautions on watching for metal shavings from drilling and a few other bits of wisdom on where to drill the hole and what was used as a hose/reservoir and other things. I don't remember who had posted it but the thread had some input from several members, all with suggestions and advice on how exactly they had proceeded. A thorough search of the mail list archives would bring this to light again. It's true that a simple step by step explanation with photos and all would be helpful but some time spent searching the archives can turn up all kids of interesting stuff, this being but one of the many good threads in recent times.
Perhaps having the threads and subjects organized into a more user friendly configuration could be possible but it's a pretty big undertaking to back track through all the old stuff, sort out what's relevant, divy up into subjects.......Ya, a huge chore.
There was even a thread about THAT a while back.
For now, it's just a bit of work to go through what's there in it's current format. Time consuming for sure but worth it if you have a specific problem you're trying to overcome. Still, it's much easier to just ask the question and see if any good answers come back.
I for one don't mind putting in my two cents on a subject that's been covered several times before but not everyone reads every note on every thread so it's a hit-or-miss method at best. Like I said, a little time searching the old stuff is often worth the effort if you have the time and need a bit of advice.
Maybe it could be possible to generate a list of "SUBJECTS" that would make future threads a little easier to group together.
For instance.....this thread called "hello Emile" is unlikely to be looked at if a guy was looking for info on compensating a Minnkota and trying to narrow down the search.
If however there was a list of subjects published and a thread was begun that could fit roughly into one of these subject headings, maybe the writer could use the "subject line" to label a thread as one from the published list and then add a couple words that were a little more specific to the actual info contained within the post.
An example for the subject could be........Subject: Re:[PSUBS-MAILIST] Minnkota   ( oil compensating )
and then someone replying could write    Subject: Re{PSUBS-MAILIST] Minnkota    ( disassembly )
Then another guy who wanted to chime in with a related but different approach could write Subject: Re:[PSUBS-MAILIST] Minnkota   ( WD40 oil ) and then................
Ok, you get the idea.
Not being a good computer whiz I don't really know if this would work but it's something that could be considered or at least thought about to make the searching a little easier. I know it's something that's been brought up a couple of times but for now.....ya just gotta look a bit and spend some time checking the old stuff.  I've got this great big pile of stuff that I printed out and just stuffed into a folder, thinking if I need it later there's a hard copy in there some where. Lots of times I'll be leafing through that file looking for something I remembered printing and find other little treasures I had forgotten about. OK, I'm not a very good secretary either but I can always find it if I want to, just takes a while.
Sorry if I'm rambling but I'm dead tired and headed for bed. I guess the message here is, check the archives if you don't get an answer.
Frank D.