Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hello Emile

Shayne,

You are correct that we could use a white paper, slide set, or video to document this process. You might keep an eye on James Frankland's website http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/ since I suspect he's going to be doing oil or air compensation on his motors sooner or later.

Jon

s wrote:
I have visited this topic of compensating electric trolling motors such as the minnkota motor many times on psubs over the past few years. there is obviously a wealth of knowledge out there between you guys but for a newby like myself drilling willy nilly into a motors outer shell with little understanding of land marks and inner workings scares the hell out of me, let alone fill a motor with a liquid and expect it to continue work . i have been looking at the photos on the psub site taking great interest in the motors and their "plumbing" but im sorry to say , i need idiot proof assistance in his part of my construction. is there anyone of you guys that has taken step by step photos and made written instructions on how to pressure comp a motor? oil, air or other methods, what about loss of oil and reservoir systems. what works best...etc. i have 5 minnkota motors to do, all 30-45 HP

Many thanks in advance

shayne