From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Scott Waters
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 6:40 AM
To: psubs
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] rotating tru hull

For the rotating tru hulls the K-350 design shows to put a internal groove inside the collar and the o-rings are inserted and seated in it. I know I heard a few people saying you can do the opposite and put the grooves on the shaft and seat the o-rings there, however it will take a different size of o-ring. Is this ok to do? I don't see any problems with it, but I may be overlooking something. It seems it would be easyier to lathe, and easyier to service the o-rings. Also, before I do this, is there any special kind of o-rings, or will the ones you get at the hardware store work (as long as the mesurment tolarences are correct).
Thanks,
Scott Waters