[PSUBS-MAILIST] convention comms

To all:

   I will be providing broadband communications aboard the submarine launching vessel if shipboard deployment is the means by which the subs are deployed at this coming convention this July. This system will also support dock side comms if need be.

   I am presently attempting a special comms mod that should of interest to some sub users...

   Alec Smyth has a jack port on his UQC SSB system that would normally support recordings during filming operations of underwater communications. This port must be broadband in how it works...at least we hope it is...
   We will attempt to inject this signal into the simple broadband system we have come up with so that divers and submarines not equipped with SSB or UQC communications will be able (theoretically) to hear and understand both the sent and received SSB messages without the aid of special equipment. This looks good on paper anyway...
    In short, we are attempting to merge or marry the two systems in such a way as to benefit not only our sub community but alsi the crews who can come to our aid in times of trouble as well.
    Others who have UQC or SSB communications should look to see if the systems they have possess such a filming support jacks. Is this jack common to most systems?

    In theory, when Alec talks on his SSB system, this signal will having been applied to our simple broadband set up and be sent out in simple to understand broadband messages deciphered by most.

                                                                                              David Bartsch