Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] First submarine dive

Glen,
The tanks are .125 inch 5000 series aluminum, rather than SS. I won't have the rudder and whatnot, as I am reconfiguring propulsion with four fixed thrusters somewhat like Aquarius and the Deepworkers. We'll see how well that works out. All my air and oxygen is outside, so weight really isn't an issue for that. My sub is an elderly K-250 that Captain Kittredge upgraded to a 350, so my pods have enough room for eight 12 volt batteries, four to the side. I'm hoping that will be enough. At this juncture, I'm betting we can make the rotary joint mechanical arm work well enough so that I can avoid hydraulics. For shallow water, I'm hoping it will.
Vance