that is quite a lot, sending some 800,000 people underwater

regards
Antoine

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Alan James <alanjames@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
Sounds great fun Antoine.
Is this the sub
http://www.submarinesafaris.com/t/index.html
Alan
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:13 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] First submarine dive

Hello all,

I had a nice experience last week, I took a dive for the first time in a sub, a tourist sub on the coast of one of the Canary Isles.
For a guy that has thought about building a submarine for a few years without touching one,
it is quite exciting (though not to the point to pee in your pants ;-0 )
the sub itself was a big (100ton) 18m long cylinder, moved by 6 15kW orientable thrusters, quite slow, but with very good viewing (two seats for a large 22" window)
the dive lasted for about 45mn, went down to 45m depth. The feeling of a very slow motion free fall when the ballasts are purged felt weird (It did not feel like there was a HBT on the sub).
But the best was to see my 3yr old son's face glued to the window, as a big sting ray with a diver playing with it passed by our window...

cheers
Antoine