From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Jens Laland
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 7:58 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] RFC - Standard Thru-Hull Electrical Connector

Hi all...

** I am hoping that the thru hull threads into pipe coupling as
** Frank mentioned.

It would therefore be interesting to know what size of thru-hull threading
the 10-pin connector version is furnished with.

My question :

Is it feasible to use a suitable pipe coupling that could possibly
accommodate both sizes (i.e. using an insert reducer for the smallest 4-pin
connector)?

Reason for asking :

It would be a whole lot easier to conduct prototype testing of future
underwater sound equipment.

Sketches :

a) background

ftp://ftp.artematrix.org/sonar/binaural-listening/psubs/beam-forming_600w.jp

The above sketch shows the principle of binaural listening using acoustic
beam forming (with a prototype under construction).
However, another system, using electronic beam forming, is under planning.

b) required conductors for the following
  * 3 ea. hydrophones (each pair covering 120 degrees)
  * 1 ea. projector
  * Grounded Shield
  * 12VDC power to Hydrophone Pre-Amplifiers

ftp://ftp.artematrix.org/psubs/standards/thru-hull_connectors/10-connector_o
ption.jpg

Best regards,
Jens Laland

below or send a blank email message to:

Removal of your email address from this mailing list occurs by an automated
process and should be complete within five minutes of our server receiving
your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 53
Weare, NH  03281