RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Acrylic View Ports vs. long-wave UV-Light

   One more point to add here...Having been deployed on a submarine and forced to observe analog gages for extended periods of time, I can see where time spent finding ways to reduce eye strain while making these long observations would be time well spent.
   Periodic glances at such a gage are normally not a problem, but during short periods of questionable depth control for example, one is almost fixated on this particular dial until the boat starts going shallower. Large letterings and significant points of interest are also a great idea to reduce this strain.

                                                                                          David Bartsch