Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 6:50 AM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: UnderWater Communications / Psubs Convention 2010

I met the owners of an underwater communications co. called Oceanears at the 2009 International Submarine Races. They demonstrated some impressive underwater loudspeaker systems that the divers said was very clear to them without special receiving equipment.  These guys mainly do underwater music systems for synchronized swimming competitions worldwide.  While this mainly addresses the transmit side it might help with diver communications or be receivable to passive systems. I believe they lease their systems.  http://www.oceanears.com/products2004.html

Steve McQueen,

Indianapolis, IN