Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Email threading

I think Jon wants you to make sure that whenever you send an email to the list
that it is being sent to personal_submersibles@psubs.org (the reply-to
address) and NOT owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org (the sender). As far as I
know you are doing that already.

Windows XP is should still be plenty useful. Really, unless you're in to
gaming or watching high definition movies even a 7 year old computer still
does fine. If it is slow, it probably just needs some more RAM added. If you're
looking for a new email service, make sure you try to find one that allows you
to use an email program like outlook, where you download the emails to your
computer (with POP or IMAP) and aren't accessing your mail from your web
browser. An email program is much faster and supports things like threading,
easy message searching, on vacation autoreplies, and you can use many different
email address at once without having to check each one.

Yahoo! used to have free POP access to their mail back in 2001, then they took
it away and you have to pay. Free email services are pretty bad usually. They
only let you access the mail through their ad filled web site, and intentionally
make it difficult to export your address book. They don't want you to use a
program like outlook that can automatically download your mail from multiple
addresses and makes it easy for you to move to a new email address, with the
forwarding and auto-reply features.

Alex

--
Mailed with XFmail on 30-Oct-2009.
God saved Noah, but Noah had to build an ark!