Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Email threading

In a message dated 10/30/2009 10:22:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, jonw@psubs.org writes:
You should try to use "reply-to" when answering a message from the
mailing list, and "new" message only when starting a new topic.
Hi Jon. With my old AOL program there's just a "reply" box ( which I use ), "reply all" box, "address" box and "print" box.
If "reply" is chosen the screen has only "send now", "send later", "address" and "print".
If I want to start a new thread I delete the stuff on the subject line and put in a new subject name. Still starting in the "reply" screen.
I seldom send new e-mails ( almost always use reply) and usually use the "write new" at the top of the AOL screen.
I think maybe this program is so old that it just doesn't have the same features as the rest of the guys.
When we got this computer I seem to recall it had windows Vista on there. We hated it so got the store to load the old XP on it. The Geek Squad said it was weird but if we'd pay for it....OK.
 No telling how old this program is, but it looks/acts the same as the one we had 15 years ago. That's a lifetime on a computer I know.
We are due for a new one and I'll probably get the new Windows 7 thing on it.
AOL is just a real piece of shit and we'll lose that when we upgrade to a new one. Anyway, if my messages aren't getting through to everybody, or are out of sequence, I hope to replace the whole thing pretty soon.
Frank D.