RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Email threading

Yeah it is partially my program because it isn't smart enough to thread email
based on the subject name only when in-reply-to is lacking. I don't think you
understand what I meant. My email program is set for threading. When someone
relpies to an email, instead of sorting it by date and putting it at the bottom,
it puts it directly under the email that is was in relpy to, and indents it one
space to the right. So if there is a conversation with 5 relpies it looks like
this:

Email 1
 Re: Email 1
  Re: Email 1
   Re: Email 1
    Re: Email 1
Email 2
Email 3
Email 4
 Re: Email 4
  Re: Email 4
Email 5
Email 6
Email 7
 Re: Email 7
  Re: Email 7
Email 8
Email 9
Re: Email 1 (from ShellDalg@aol.com, see, it's not threaded)
Email 5

But in order for this to work, the email program has to put the in-reply-to
header in the email so my email program knows which one it is in reply to.
ShellyDalg@aol.com seems to be the only one that doesn't do that. If you view
full headers in your email program, you will see "In-Reply-To" in every email
that is a reply, except from ShellyDalg@aol.com. It's not a big problem or
anything, it's just that I miss his replies because they aren't organized like
the others.

Alex

--
Mailed with XFmail on 30-Oct-2009.
God saved Noah, but Noah had to build an ark!