RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Undersea communications & retractable buoy

For listening only you could get away with a ferride rod antenna couldn't you.
I knew someone who built radios for communication to people inside caves. The
main problem was of course fitting an antenna in. Then the other thing was
that inside the cave the radio frequency was pretty quiet making it easy to
listen, but on the surface there was a lot of noise on the frequency so that
the guy in the cave needed a lot of transmitter power to reach the surface. I
think they used something in the 50 - 100Khz frequency range.

Alex

--
Mailed with XFmail on 30-Oct-2009.
God saved Noah, but Noah had to build an ark!