Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Suggestion for UW comms

Title: Suggestion for <SPAN id="misspell-8" class="mark" >UW</SPAN> <SPAN id="misspell-9" class="mark" >comms</SPAN>
Excellent idea Alec.  This would help me as I am trying to configure my boats UWC as we speak.

Cliff

From: "Smyth, Alec" <Alec.Smyth@compuware.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Fri, October 30, 2009 7:41:38 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Suggestion for UW comms

UW comms are expensive, but for next year's convention we should make a real effort to have the attending subs equipped with them as a basic safety requirement. The cheapest way to do so would be to share a couple of existing sets. In order to do that, how about if we standardized on a bulkhead penetrator? All that is needed for a comms transducer, whatever the brand, is a 2 pin low current bulkhead penetrator. They run about a hundred bucks. Those of us with comms could then have our transducer and headset cables set up so they can just be plugged into any sub.

If we standardized on a connector, it would also facilitate tests of David's various sonar devices or anything else PSUBS members might come up with in the future.

I can look around for the most economical alternatives if this sounds like something sub owners would be interested in.

Alec