Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Emergency Underwater Locator Beacons

Frank,

As Jens stated earlier, just make sure your pinger transmits on 37.5k which is the "standard" (NATO, ABS, etc).

Jon

ShellyDalg@aol.com wrote:

Hi Rick. Ya, I would think it prudent to have a pinger on your sub, regardless of what other equipment you had. It will certainly make locating you easier even if it's just your surface support boat following you around. I haven't thought much about it but assumed I'd be putting something like that as a minimum on my sub so the surface guys can track me. I was leaning toward the standard pinger used on planes and such.
Frank D.