Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Emergency Underwater Locator Beacons

In a message dated 10/29/2009 1:40:50 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, empiricus@telus.net writes:
Any rescue op would more than likely involve listening devices.
Hi Rick. Ya, I would think it prudent to have a pinger on your sub, regardless of what other equipment you had. It will certainly make locating you easier even if it's just your surface support boat following you around.
I haven't thought much about it but assumed I'd be putting something like that as a minimum on my sub so the surface guys can track me. I was leaning toward the standard pinger used on planes and such.
Frank D.