RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] elliptical heads

Good point.

Jay

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Cliff Redus
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2009 1:42 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] elliptical heads

A comment on movable trim systems.  On my boat I have a hydraulic motor that turns a screw that is attached to a 100 lb trim weight located in a 4x6 in rectangular steel assembly beneath the pilot seat.  I have a string pot connected to the trim weight and limit switches at each end.  While it does take maybe 1 minute to stroke the weight over a 3 ft length, it works fine to trim the boat.  I would not want to use it to trim the boat if someone was shooting at me as it is to slow for dynamic control  but for one time time longitudinal trimming for different pilot weights, this works great.

Cliff