Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sub/shark video

Hi Rick. We get lots of Great Whites here in Monterey Bay, along with lots of whales, dolphins, and of course seals. The sharks aren't really a problem although there are some rare attacks. I'm interested in seeing some Humboldt squid as they are becoming a real nuisance here. Fish stocks have crashed and MAY be attributed to the squid. I saw just last week where they are showing up in greater numbers all the way up to B.C.
We have fishing charter boats here that take 20-30 people out almost daily to fish for the squid and they almost always catch lots of them. They're everywhere. The average size is 4-5 feet and 60 to 80 pounds. Really nasty little critters. They are becoming so numerous that southern Calif. divers are being attacked by them. It would be fun to take a sub down near Catalina Island. Great party spot and lots to see around the Channel Islands. Some really good wrecks there too.
Frank D.