Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete submarine yacht roll out

Hello Frank,

I nuts and bolt information in the sense of "engineering" is not very abundant on our project. It is basicly a empty barren hull. The equipment locations and control room layout is most of all a question of taste and phantasy of the owner - so it is Ian who has the main part to contribute on that.

I will get the ballast and tanks in the lower part of the hull, a barren floor on top of the ballast and tanks, and a engine room divider for exhaust gas handling and noise dampening, this is all on basic "layout".

For the handover trip i will have some camping gear like a compost toilet, a shower, a basic galley, the triangular red nav lights for submarine, camara in snorkel top.

You should imagine the whole thing more as a submergible houseboat, or a motorhome - it will not have a U-boot look and feel.

I like to call it a "autopropelled habitat" to set it really apart from the "military submarine image". It will be the space and floor equivalent of a 68 squaremeter apartment. The price per cubic meter of living space will be near european and US housing prices.

When people really want to flame me and talk down on me they call me a real estate agent - i like that! - I see a submarine primaryily as a air bubble contained by a hull and i want to build it big enough to live in it and affordable enough that normal people can have it.

i have a 3d animation to illustrate that -

http://imulead.com/tolimared/concretesubmarine/image/submarine%20yacht.gif

Let me hear your thoughts...

Wil