Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete submarine yacht roll out

Hello Alec,

I think in this case less is more. Especially if you go for long term durability and heavy duty service. The more "layers" the higher the possibility of paint failure.

If smoothening is a goal, stucco is definitly not a way to go - think more of products for yacht use. (stylish but expensive) or tunnel and dam use (durable cheap but definitly not stylish).

I have seen recent film material of the prototype (13 years in water) the light colored finish paint is starting to fail. I expect the black stuff surface to work for lifetime.

Lifetime for floating concrete structures means 200 years - no repaint.

Once the boat is in the water the finish will not be visible for anyone but divers during the next 200 years - how much budget is it worth to go ferrari style?

What people will see of the hull is this: (prototye on mooring site).

http://imulead.com/tolimared/concretesubmarine/image/ad-anchor.jpg

I agree that the boat may look "poor" on a yacht show - so we might do a ferrari version for this purpose in the future.

In this project the goal is get to get most BANG for the BUG - maximize living space and durability.

Cheers,
Wil