From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Jon Wallace
Sent: Monday, 5 October 2009 8:27 p.m.
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 2009 Convention - Vancouver

Thank you Phil.

While I'm sure others will join in and comment as they come home and get
back online, I think I speak for many who would like to thank you once
again for the hospitality and graciousness of both yourself and your
crew.  It was a rich and fulfilling week that inspired numerous people
who never dived in a submersible, and also motivated a number of others
to either finish existing projects or begin new ones.  I would also like
to add that your crew on dive day (including the crane operator) were
extremely professional, warm, and courteous to our group.  They
tolerated our poking and prodding of the submersibles, as well as our
hundreds of questions.  It was a long day for them with no break for
lunch, yet they treated us like immediate family and worked doggedly to
ensure everyone got a chance to go underwater.  We are indebted to
Nuytco Research for giving us such opportunity.

It's important for our organization to recognize pioneers and the
contributions they have made to submersible design and underwater
technology which we can use for our own home-built projects.  Imagine
how much more difficult our task would be if we didn't have the wisdom
provided by the years of testing, perfecting designs, and practical
operations by people such as yourself, Dr. Stachiw, and Capt.
Kittredge.  We are both pleased and proud to have you in our Hall of
Fame.  It is both well deserved and appropriate for you to be in it.

In summary, there were two primary comments I heard repeated throughout
the weekend by many participants.  "This is the best convention ever!"
and "This is going to be hard to top."  Since 99% of the convention
revolved around Nuytco Research, we thank you, your staff, and your
company for enriching us.

Jon

Phil Nuytten wrote:
> Dear PSubbers:
>     On behalf of Nuytco Research and our sub crews, I write to tell
> you that all of us were impressed and pleased with your individual and
> collective dedication to submersibles.
> I'm glad that all of you had a chance to dive, however briefly -
> perhaps this can be continued in Curacao, next spring (G).
>     Thanks, also,for my induction in the hallowed ranks of the Psub
> Hall of Fame. The award plaque has a place of honor with the other
> hall of fame awards that I've been fortunate enough to receive. It's
> fairly obvious that I have finally reached that time of life where my
> reputation is worth far more than my actual ability!
>     Seriously, hope you all had a good time and made it back to your
> respective lairs without incident.
> Regards
> Phil

our server receiving your request.