Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Paint on Galv.

Hi Frank,

I was refering to galvanized steel only. Most good coating systems use a zinc rich primer as a first coat followed by high build epoxy.

I did not mean to imply that this was inappropriate, as a matter of fact it is the exact system I am using.

My first coat after sandblasting was Sherwin-Williams Corothane I Galvapac two pack zinc primer. This is a moisture cure urethane
                                                    system that requires the mixing in nof the zinc dust. Nasty side effects - Air supplied respirator
                                                    is needed. They also have many other zinc primers available.

My next two coats were                  Sherwin - Williams Macropoxy 646 a high solids two component epoxy.

Hope this helps. Sorry about any confusion I caused.

Best Regards,

Jim K