RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Test #2 of collision avoidance sonar

Jon,

  A small input on my part...

  First is in regards to this hybrid and its construction. Although small air bubbles do form in the material thus far chosen for its acoustic properties, a similar but different material is being investigated that produces no air bubbles at all during its curing process. What must be determined is whether it too can perform as the material used previously. Only further testing will provide the answers to these and other questions that can arise. (I'm working on it)

  And second, I, having never ridden in such a small submarine marvel at how much fun it must be to venture out in one. I enjoy any submarine videos I can get my hands on.

  I agree that the more practice one can obtain thru using passive sonar, the more one can determine a specific contacts aspect and range by simply listening to it.

  I am anxious to here underwater comms! I think the range with this device will shock us all.

                                                                                       David Bartsch